Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Thing #7-more feeds

Ok, I had so much fun exploring feeds that I didn't get my post done until this week. Of course, I also spent Saturday at work, preparing class material from CustomGuide for teaching an MS 2007 Excel class, but that's another story.

I decided to search out feeds for food related items as well as exploring some of the news sites. I discovered a "bakers challenge" that was geared more for Vegan cooking so I passed on that one. As I explored, I added feeds to Google Reader which I will eventually organize. I think my favorite will be a blog I found when doing a search for sourdough bread: http://feedingmyenthusiasms.blogspot.com/2008/11/go-vote-if-you-live-in-usa-then-have.html. You have to love even the title. This posting had a great recipe for herbed sourdough bread, so guess what I may make the next time I bake bread from my sourdough starter.

As I gather feeds, I think I will probably put those that are specifically blogs onto my blogger Dashboard "blogs that I am following", rather than in Google Reader, especially if they are more for my personal use. I think that will be handier.

I think blogs are great for so many purposes. Jen, my son's fiancee is using a blog to keep us current on her trip to China this week.

No comments: